July 2, 2014

Maze Runner


Title: Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Characters: Thomas, Teresa, Chuck, Alby, Newt
Setting: The Maze
Book Length: 374 Pages
Summary: Thomas gets trapped in a maze, with no memories except for his name. The next day, a girl comes to the maze with a creepy note. And then everything that normally happens in the maze gets flipped upside down. And the only way to survive is to get out.

I thought this book was well written. However, it's a typical story. Someone gets trapped somewhere with no memory and they have to get out. Very fast paced, a little scary at times, and a good conclusion. The story, though, was not compelling enough for me to continue reading the rest of the series. My friends all loved it, so I guess I'm just weird and realized I can go read something that hasn't been told a hundred times. Ok. Maybe it was a good book, it just didn't appeal to my taste.

3 out of 5 stars!
This book can stay at the book store.

No comments:

Post a Comment