June 27, 2016

Meeting SJM: SJM Month Post 2

I love meeting authors! Barnes and Noble Neshaminy makes that possible for me with all of their author events!

On June 11th, right in the middle of BFest, Sarah J Maas and Julie Eshbaugh had a signing for the Ivory and Bone Launch! (Claire Legrand my other favorite author was there earlier in the day but that's a story for another day.) So on this particularly wonderful day, I sat on my 2nd row seat with a phone struggling to hang on at 1%. Then Sarah and Julie walked in! I start screaming and cheering and stuff. They sit down and had a really great panel/ Q and A session. I even got to ask a question, and Sarah was like "Why are you wearing the enemy's colors?" because I was wearing a Ravenclaw shirt even though I am a Hufflepuff (I still had my bracelet on but I am a hybrid Huffleclaw but like mostly Hufflepuff okay let me stop now.) So they answer my question and I won an Ivory and Bone poster because I was the first question! YAY!

Sarah is the funniest human alive if you guys aren't aware. I'm planning on getting her a Legolas pop when I see her in September because she is like obsessed with him! Eventually it's time for the signing!

I see Papa Maas in the signing line and I was like "I have to get a picture with you!" and he was like "You know who I am?" "Um... yea I do!" (um because I didn't want to sound like a stalkerish creep oops.)


So yea... Thanks Lindsay for being the real MVP while I waited for him to finish talking to one of the workers! Guys... Lindsay is the best! I hope you all find someone as good as Lindsay one day.

Okay so as Lindsay, Molly, and I waited in line we talked and talked. Then, we reached the front. It was finally time! Molly and my mom were our paparazzi as we talked to Julie first. She knew right away which one my mom was because we look so much alike and it was really cute.

Finally, I had reached Sarah! Her husband was sitting next to her and I was in awe of their cuteness. Because I talked so long with Julie, Sarah had already finished signing my books. I asked her to sign ACOMAF with "Be glad of your human heart" because that line is so sweet and it reminds me to feel (not that I don't, especially with her books, but it's still a good reminder). So when I saw that she actually signed it I was surprised because the store said she might not sign it due to time. "I didn't think you would actually sign that! Thank you!" She said "Of course I would sign it! Why wouldn't I?" "The store said you might not..." "Well, it wasn't a very long quote so I signed it!" (or something like that this part is a little fuzzy).


Then, I show her my picture with Emilie de Ravin (Belle on Once Upon A Time) and she said "I saw that you tagged me in that but I didn't know who that was so I looked her up. That's Belle right?" (!!!! She saw my post!!!!) "Yea it is! I met her last week at the Once Upon A Time Convention in Jersey!" "That's so cool!" "And that's your book! That's ACOMAF!" "What was she reading that she was so focused on?" "Chapter 37!" "I don't remember what's in that one." I just shrugged. But being the person I am, I showed her the rest of my pictures in my lovely OUAT binder. We got to the Eion Bailey (August on OUAT) autograph page and she said "Ooh. He's cute!" I said,"Yea! When I saw him he kissed my hair and was so sweet!" And her husband honestly said to me "You haven't washed your hair have you?" (I had but he was joking so I would go along with it.) "Nope!" We all laughed. Then I was taking so long I tried to hurry up. I asked her to sign my phone case because Claire had signed it earlier and I wanted mt two faves on it. So...


Then it came time for pictures and I asked for a group with her and her husband. And they were so cute and it turned out so good! She even liked it on my instagram! 


Then I asked for one with just Sarah. As I was walking away from it, because I am such an awkward turtle I said "I needed a new one with you because our last picture turned out bad because I was in it." Ugh. Why am I like this? Sorry about my weirdness Sarah! But this picture is for sure my favorite!


Thank you for coming to the event Sarah and thank you for always being so wonderful! Can't wait to see you in September for the Empire of Storms release! This was literally one of the best days ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment